Monday, August 4, 2014

Aug. 4, 2014~ Londrina, Brazil

Hey Everyone! I feel like I was just writing home! 

This week was great! We had a baptism!!! (Which makes it even better than great right?) It was awesome! Last week, Saturday, we taught that one young man, remember? The one that understands perfectly everything we teach him? Well, he went to church the following Sunday and this week we worked every day with him and Sunday he was baptized! It was so incredible! He was suuuuper prepared. He doesn't like coffee or tea and had no problems with any commandments and he read and prayed about the Book of Mormon and received an answer that it was true. 

On Thursday, he began to doubt if he should get baptized or not but we talked with him and he prayed and it was so neat because we were sitting in the front of his house and he prayed and then said nothing. He kept quiet for a lonnnnng time and looked up to the sky. Just staring at the huge blue sky. I had nothing come to my mind and we just waited, anxiously. Finally he looked at us and said, "I got an answer. The Lord trusts me to decide. He knows that I know the truth and trusts me and promised to be with me no matter what...." he paused and we waited for the rest, and he said smiling "This Sunday will be a very new experience for me." 

Man, if I wasn't a missionary I would have given him a huge hug, we were both sooooo happy!  He was too! The baptism was one of the best I have been too. He cried as the Elders Quorom sang "O Elders of Israel" for him. It was so spiritual. The President of the Elderes quorom cried too as he welcomed him and gave him a huge hug! I have never seen so many members at a baptism too. It was just incredible to see the instant love all the members and bishopric showed to him. 

Cristiano is progressing and very excited for his baptism this week too. He could use some prayers to help continue not smoking! We also taught another man named Edmilson, who has gone through tons of trials. He is looking and finding a lot of peace reading the Book of Mormon. It is neat to see him progressing too. 

We taught an entire family who accepted to read and pray about the Book of Mormon and be baptized. I am extremely impressed with their willingness and faith. I LOVE this area of VIVI XAVIER! I love Londrina, I love my companion, we are great friends. I love being a missionary. I love this gospel! I love you all and hope you have a great week!!!! :) 

Tchau! :) 
Com amor
Sister Edwards












No comments:

Post a Comment