Thursday, August 28, 2014

Aug. 25, 2014- Londrina, Brazil

 Hello Family and Friends,

This will be a quick email because.... I am being transferred! So we are packing a going crazy to get everything done in time. I am use to being in an areas for a long time so this news caught be by suprise! 

President called me last night and told me that I have been called to be a new Sister Training Leader of the mission. I was so torn with emotion when he told me because it is a neat opportunity to tour the whole mission and train beloved missionaries, it is humbling to be called to this responsibility. At the same time, I am looooving Viv Xavier and my companion Sister Nascimento. 

President Genaro continued to explain that Sister Nascimento was also transfered and that she would go with me and we would continue being companions when we proselyte. yay!!! But is gets even better... when I am working my own area I will be with Sister Nasciemento, but when I am doing splits and runs all over the state visiting all the sisters I will be with Sister Sedgwick!!!!!! We are going to be living all together! I am so excited! We were transfered to the other side of Londrina to an area called Antares. We will be close to the airport. I think that I will be staying in this area until the end of my mission. I only have 2 more transfers... 3 months!!! :( I am so sad! I love my mission! At the same time I am excited to see you all soon! 

This week was a lot of ups and downs. We had some incredible experiences and some sad others. Our 2 baptisms fell. One was a problem with the word of wisdom and the other was because he lied in his interview. I was really sad. Oh, you can not feel at peace and lie....the Spirit knows and testifies of the truth. 

At the same time we were able to have some other great lessons. We had a FHE with our investigators and showed them the "graças à ele" video from Easter and taught about the Atonement. It was neat. I am going to miss the members here. They are really wonderful. 

Edmilson was confrimed this week. He brought his daughter to church too. His blessing was really beautiful and I am sure he will domany  great things in the church! 

And Beautiful Taisha, (we taught her and she was baptized in Oklahoma City Mission) will be going through the temple next month!!!! :) 

I love you all. You are in my prayers. 

Especially you Jodi and your family. My heart goes out to you. I love your family so much. May the spirit comfort you in this difficult time. I know the Lord understands what we do not. He can heal us all and give us the peace we need and search for. Love you Jodi, Ben, Megan and Ellie. 

Boa Semana!
Love Sister Edwards


Temperatures are rising again. It is getting really hot. Cooling off outside refrigerator. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment