Monday, December 30, 2013

Last letter of 2013

Oh my goodness gracious! 2014 is just around the corner! Time is soooo warped here on a mission. I have been out on my mission for 7 months! PLEASE SLOW DOWN!!! haha I loved the time I had this Christmas to skype with my family. I miss you all sooo very much! I loved hearing about everyone's  lives and experiences! 

As much as I LOVED that time conversing, I am not homesick. Outside-of-the-mission-world sounds soooo stressful and hard haha. I prefer thinking about the Salvation of Souls:)
 
Really though, I Iove being a missionary. It is such a special time to really just think about everyone else. And by doing this I am growing too. The Lord knows who he needs us to be and so he uses other people to help us become that person. I am learning this with my companions and investigators and the members. 

My Zone leader in Oklahoma said something to me before I left to Brazil... "Sister Edwards, just remember that there is no comfort in the growth zone and no growth in the comfort zone." AMEN! I have been trying to adopt this into my work here. Now that it is the new year.. time to set some more goals! My goal is to become comfortable uncomfortable haha. In other words to always be striving to be better. 

There are numberless things to do... I know! But I also know that the Lord gives us challenges to help us recognize what we need to change and learn. And most importantly, to help others overcome and change as we are given people in our lives who help us!

I love you all and hope you all have a HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

Be safe! HAPPY 2014!!!

Love Sister Edwards
Congratulations to Michaela Munger who is now married!!! AHH!! How exciting! Thank you Grandma Betty for writing and keeping me updated on the family! I love reading about our family. I LOVE YOU!


Beautiful Rachel on Skype-Christmas Day!

Rachel is sitting right in the middle next to President and Sister Genaro.

No comments:

Post a Comment