Monday, December 23, 2013

FELIZ NATAL! Dec. 23, 2013

Merry Christmas Everyone!!! 

Wow... I can hardly believe that I am actually writing that. I will be hitting my 7th month mark here next week on the 29th. That blows my mind!!! Time is flying by!!! I am almost to 9 months which is half way... ahhh... I can't think about it. :) haha

This is a new transfer!! And I am still in Maringá. It is my 4th transfer here... and President pretty much told me it will be my last one. But who knows? Anything can happen! I still love Maringá and had a tender moment to pause and look around and appreciate and love every member of this ward during the Chirstmas Dinner. I LOVE THESE MEMBERS! They have such a special place in my heart. They have supported me though all of my struggles when first coming here and we have all grown together. I pray that I can give back all they have given me. 

I am serving in a trio now! Woohoo! Back to the powerful 3! My companions are amazing!! They are both Brazilian. I have already been living with Sister Araújo for 2 transfers and already love her so much, It is even better being companions! We had Halloween and Thanksgiving together and now Christmas, and the New Year too! She is from São Paulo. She has only been a member for 3 years and has a neat conversion story. She is a hard worker and we laugh a lot together! 

The other day we were talking to a girl and Sis A asked if her mom was home. The girl said yes. Then Sis A asked how old she was (meaning the girl) and the girl answered 35 (thinking she was still talking about her mom). Astonished and confused sis A gapsed... seriously!!!!??? Then realized the confusion. It was really funny! 

My other Comapion is Sister Corrêa. (pronounced Co-hey-ya) She is GREAT! She is hitting her 6th month mark this month. She is from São Bernardo do Campo São Paulo. She is so cute because she when she gets excited she squeals and jumps up and down. She has a stong testimony and loving heart. We all get along really well. 

This week was kind of a struggle because all of our investigators are gone traveling for the holidays so it is hard to teach people who aren't there. We are also working to combine two areas which has been a TON of walking and moments of being a little lost. But I know everything will work out the way the Lord needs it to. 

At the Christmas party for the Ward I talked with Gabriel in ENGLISH! Gabriel is the son of one of the recent converts in the ward, Amanda. I had nooooo idea he spoke English and that he speaks sooo well and naturally. (Hi Gabriel! I know you are reading haha:) He is a lot of faith. As I talked to him I saw the potential he has. The Lord a great plan for him and I am so excited to see his faith grow as we teach him (in English!) It is going to be really neat because Leonardo is going to teach with us and practice his English! 

We also had our Christmas Conference in Londrina this week with Pres. and Sister Genaro! It was so great! They are so loving. We had an awesome training from the Assistants and then had a white elephant secret friend gift exchange. It was fun! They had tons of food and decorations and we all took pictures and sang and ate and it was just happy and wonderful! I LOVE MY MISSION!

I am so very grateful for all that I have been given and all the support I receive here. Thank you so much. I love being a missionary and feel it a privilege to be serving. I am learning and growing every day. 

This gospel is true and brings a happiness and peace that can only be found though our Savior and Redeemer Jesus Chirst. I know he lives. I am grateful for this Christmas Season to remember His Birth and Life here on earth. I know He guides us today and speaks directly with our Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. I am very grateful for the Priesthood Power we have on the earth and know that it is truly the power of God given to man to bless others and build the kingdom of God. 

Thank you for your love. Feliz Natal! Merry Christmas!!!!!!! 

Love, Sister Edwards

~Note from Jeanette: We are very happy we will be able to Skype with Rachel on Christmas Day! (Thanks to Leonardo Satim in Maringa City, Brazil ! He is hooking up his computer for Rachel to use.)

And thank you to all who keep in touch with Rachel. We are so grateful to those who follow her blog. And to you who write emails and even letters! We appreciate you! 

Rachel was sad to have her companion (Sis Sedgwick) transferred to a new area last week. She continues to work hard and serves with all of her heart....she could use letters this month and this new year to remind her how much we love her!

Rachel with President and Sister Genaro

















Trio

Sister Edwards Elder Beaudoin- both from Rainier Oregon Stake

Merry Christmas! Gifts for Missionaries.
Sisters Sedgwick/Edwards -Sis Sedgwick transferred to a new area. She will be missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment