Monday, September 29, 2014

Sept. 29, 2014- Foz Iguaçu

Heeeelllllllllloooooooo Everyone!

Greeting from Foz Iguaçu! Yes, that´s right, I am on the boarder of Brasil, Paraguay and Argentina right now! :) Today is Sister Sedgwick´s last p-day and so this week President Genaro gave us a huge suprise and today we are going to tour the water falls! They are HUGE and very famous. It is one the 7 wonders of the world!!!! We are more than excited!!!!! We will be catching a bus here soon:) AHHH!! I am sooooo excited! 

Ok.. moving on. So this week was incredible and as usual really busy. We had mission tour which was soooo amazing. Elder Soares of the Seventy came and spoke to us. He gave tons of insight and we all felt the spirit and were edified. The best part is always the end when we all sing as Missionaries our Mission Song. Sister Sedgwick we leading the music and crying with us all as it was her last time. Seeing her going is super hard for me. We are such close friends and companions and I love her so much. I dont like to even try to think about me leaving when it is just so hard to see her leaving. She is a huge example to me. I look up to her in so many ways. I know they Lord loves us because he made us companions and then put us together in the end too:) 

We traveled all day friday on the bus to the where we are now (About a 10 hour drive). We then went to another city called Medianeira about an hour from here Saturday to do splits and work with 4 sisters there. Sunday we attended church here (incredible ward!) and Sister Sedgwick gave a training to all of the new Sister Training Leaders. It was sooo great! Once again she help me sooo much. We worked more with the Sisters here and now were are headed out. Oh yeah, we also sang in sacrament meeting here too. 

Being a Sister is so fun! You just can do everything and it doesn't even matter when you are. I love being able to have the spirit with me and guiding me in soooo many diverse situations. I am truly learning about the Love that Christ has for each of us as I receive an automatic love for so many people I dont know, missionaries, members, investigators. 

Being a member of this church and participating in the true gospel of Christ is the greatest privilege! I have a testimony and love for these things and for this work! Love you all! Have a great week! Help out the missionaries there is your ward! :)

Love Sister Rachel Edwards










The river that separates Brasil and Paraguay












President Genaro


Taisha from Oklahoma went throughout the temple  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment