Monday, February 10, 2014

ASSIS!!! Feb.10, 2014

Dear Family! Wow I have soooooo much that I want to write but only a little bit of time left. Our interent here keeps doing down. So Hopefully you get this! I love and miss the wonderful people in Maringa, and they will always be in my heart.

I am now in Assis São Paulo! I love my new area and I love my new companion! It is wayyyy HOT here! We sleep with bowls of water by our beds to keep our clothes wet during the night to stay cool haha. We live in a tiny house above an office complex of a member in our ward. Its actually really nice because we live in the downtown center close to everything! Church, store, bank, post office, lan house-(computer place), everything! Its great. 

There are no trees here! Maringá had tons and tons I realized. The sun is very hot. The Branch here is incredible! The members are so faithful. We had Stake Conference this weekend and the whole branch got together early in the morning to catch a bus to travel to another city for the meeting. The members are so eager to help us. They love to teach with us and want to help us with everything. It is so wonderful! 

We have 4 sisters in this whole city. It is split into two areas. Our area has a really cool forest park thing. There are lots of fruit trees there and we are always eating goiaba and other fruits:) São Paulo has more Açaí than Paraná! I am really excited about this!!!! My companion too. 

My companions name is Sister Bispo (Bishop is Portuguese) She is the most hard working humble, out going person I have ever met! I love her so much! She is always making me laugh and seeing things in a new and more profound light. She has gone though a lot her in the mission but you would know a thing because of how happy she is. She teaches with the spirit and I can see miracles happen in peoples eyes when she testifies and promises blessings. I am so excited for this transfer with her and hope to learn all I can from her! 

We will being traveling a lot in this area. For our disctict meeting we have to take a bus at 5:40 in the morning for 2 hour to another city. Our district leader is really great! This is his last transfer along with the other 2 sisters we live with. Elder Beaudoins parents are here in our mission this week picking up Elder Beaudoin! He is going home! It is so crazy how fast time goes by. 

Well I want to tell all my stories but it looks like a gotta go! I love you all and hope you have a great week! You are in my prayers! Have fun playing in all that snow!!!!

Love, Sister Edwards


*Londrina Brazil Mission Home:

Sister Rachel Jean Edwards

Missão Brasil Londrina

Ave Higienópolis, 1100, Sala 61 - Centro

86020-911 Londrina-PR

Brasil (Brazil)


Current address:

Sister Rachel Edwards
R. Barão do Rio Branco, #306
Centro- Assis, São Paulo
Brazil 









No comments:

Post a Comment