Monday, November 4, 2013

Nov. 4, 2013

Hello Ya'll! (I had to throw in some Oklahoman talk:)

I cannot believe that it is the last week of the transfer. It just flies by!! I have been in Brazil for almost 2 months now and almost 6 months into my mission! I come home in a year and 3 weeks! UNBELIEVABLE! I still have so much to do here. Good thing I still have time. I do not have a whole lot to write this week. Does anyone have questions? It would be easier to answer some questions haha.
 
We had testimony meeting this week, along with everyone else in the world:) I felt the spirit very strongly. I am so grateful for this ward that I have been able to work with. Leonardo bore his testimony in Sacrament meeting. I felt like a proud mother!! Maybe it is a glimpse of how Heavenly Father feels for him. I am so happy for him and all the goodness and happiness he has in his life. I can't wait for the day he is able to get baptized and recieve the Priesthood. He is more than prepared and I admire all that he is doing. His testimony was and is pure and strong. He knows who he is, why he is here and what he needs to do to prepare to live with his Father again one day. He shows his faith and gratitude by serving others and getting involved in activities of the church. He wants to serve a mission! We love him and are so excited for the life he has ahead of him.
 
We are teaching another investigator who is studying English. He is very sincere and kind. He has an awesome house too! He has a bird atrium in is house! Its really awesome! That is one thing I love about the houses here. Everyone has a different house and everyone makes it personal.
 
I am excited for the plans we have this week. I went on splits with my Sister Training leader this week. I learned a ton!! One thing I learned is that I actually know how to be a missionary here! Sometimes being Junior companion I do not realize what I know how to do until I have an opportunity to actually try. I was happy that I could lead her around our area and talk to people in Portuguese allll by myself. The Lord is blessing me to do his work! I am so grateful because it is a lot more fun when you can actually understand:)
 
Once again this week, probably the 20th time I have heard it here in Brazil, I was told that I look like "Bella" from Twilight. I hope that is a compliment... haha

Well, I hope you all have a good week! Enjoy the cool weather cuz we are sweating like pigs down here:)
 
Tchau!!
 
Sister Edwards

Leonardo

Family Home Evening

No comments:

Post a Comment