Monday, October 28, 2013

Oct. 28, 2013

Oi Familia! 

Desculpa, this will be very brief. This week was BUSY! I am totally exhusted today. But that is what P-day is for... reboosting for the rest of the week. Bless you p-day! 

Happy Halloween everyone! We dont have it here in Brazil. They think it is a very strange holiday...I'll have to agree on this, haha. Though I am impressed my Uncle Mike has worked so hard creating a haunted hotel for the communityin Montana...I think he has done this for 25 years, now!

Happy 20th Birthday Damara! Love you a ton! I need your email:) We live near a street here called Amaral Road. I think of you everytime we walk down it:) Hope life is fantastic for you and that you have an amazing Birthday! :) hugs!! :) 

We had a family home evening with Irmã Devanir and Filipe and Leonardo. It was great. We played Thimble and got an ab work out from laughing. I love these people so much. They have such a special place in my heart.

We have 2 weeks left of the transfer.. bizzare! Time is flying by! I would love to stay in Maringa but who know what will happen! We will see!

I am reading the Book of Mormon over again but this time only in Portuguese. I thought I would need my dictionary and English book of momon out and open but I havent yet! The gift of tongues is real and amazing and I am so gratful for the mercy and love of the lord in helping me learn Portuguese. I have to say it is much for fun talking when you can understand and communicate back haha. The members use to think I was timid and shy... i think they have changed their minds now :)

As for a quick spiritual thought: I have been thinking a lot about the need for modern day revelation and the need for a prophet and apostles today. I am so grateful we have a living prophet today. I'd like to know from you all, What does it mean to have a living prophet on the earth that speaks directly from God? This is something we try to explain the importance of to our investigators. It really is incredible and such a blessing and demontration of the Love of our heavenly father for us. i love the words of the hymn We thank thee oh God for a prophet. 

  1. We thank thee, O God, for a prophet
    To guide us in these latter days.
    We thank thee for sending the gospel
    To lighten our minds with its rays.
    We thank thee for every blessing
    Bestowed by thy bounteous hand.
    We feel it a pleasure to serve thee
    And love to obey thy command.
  2. When dark clouds of trouble hang o'er us
    And threaten our peace to destroy,
    There is hope smiling brightly before us,
    And we know that deliv'rance is nigh.
    We doubt not the Lord nor his goodness.
    We've proved him in days that are past.
    The wicked who fight against Zion
    Will surely be smitten at last.
  3. We'll sing of his goodness and mercy.
    We'll praise him by day and by night,
    Rejoice in his glorious gospel,
    And bask in its life-giving light.
    Thus on to eternal perfection
    The honest and faithful will go,
    While they who reject this glad message
    Shall never such happiness know.

AMEN!!!!! Love you all have an amazing week!!!  Love Sister Edwards

(Sister Sedgwick, Sister Edwards, Leonardo)
(FHE)
(Playing Thimble)
(Leonardo feeding Bishop's Baby)

No comments:

Post a Comment