Monday, January 20, 2014

Jan. 20, 2014 Maringa City

Hello Family and Friends!!!

We had a very memorable week! Our amazing and super prepared investigator Luane was baptized yesterday. She is the fiancé of a member (Emerson) who lives in Londrina. They are getting married in March and he is moving here to Maringá. She has been investigating the church the whole time they have been dating for the past year and half. She visited lots of Wards and Stakes to find where she felt most comfortable and at home. She went to many in Maringá and Londrina. Guess what ward felt right? Her very own home ward, Cidade Nova Maringá! (Our ward). She also said she likes the Sister Missionaries more than the Elders hahaha. 

Last week my companion was giving a talk in Sacrament meeting. She spoke on Baptism. Luane felt the spirit really strong and decided that is what she wanted. She had talked about Baptsim with Emerson and they planned on getting around to it in March too. But she felt the spirit so strongly she didn't want to wait. Because Emerson lives in Londrina he travels to Maringá every weekend to go to church with her. We didn't know that he did not know she was planning to get baptized this week. We worked with her and planned a family home evening. He came and we taught a lesson on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Afterwards we invited Emerson to baptize his fiance this weekend. He began to weep as he has no idea that she had changed her mind and that she wanted to sooner. It was all a suprise! The spirit was so strong and SHE bore a powerful testimony of  how she knows that these things are true. 

We had a beautiful baptism this Sunday and he cried as he baptized his soon to be wife. She is very happy and excited to go to the temple and be sealed for all eternity in a year. What a special and wonderful moment! I feel so blessed as a misisonary to  participate and witness the Lord's work. It is real. It is true. It is good. It is full of joy. The ward choir sang for her and it was wonderful! Our ward has very girfted singers! 

One thing that really touched my heart was the excitement I saw in Leonardo, our patient eleito (elect) investigator who was already planning his baptism which will be in March. He has been waiting for 6 months for parent permission to be baptized. He, along with Luane, is converted. I love this Gospel and I know that it is true. I would not trade this time, these trials, these joys, for anything. I know this is where the Lord need me right now. 

I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting this week. It was special for me to take a moment and look out into the congregation at all the dear brothers and sisters of this ward that I have grown so close to, that I love so much. I love that the Church is focosed on families. I love that Wards are families. And no matter where in the world you go you have a ward family. 

The church is true, this Gospel is the pure Gospel of Jesus Chirst. He knows us, he knows our hearts. He knows who and what we need in our lives. And we need each other. 

I pray that my last letter did not come off as preachy but as an invitation to lift where you stand. To help those around you. We are all brothers and sisters and we all need to love of our Savior. I with you, will choose to obey the most recent revelation of God and commandment he has given to join forces with the member and missionaries. For 9  more months I will work on the missionary side. When I return, I will join you all! I love you and am praying for you. Thank you for the letters, emails, love and prayers. I am feeling it truly! 

Have a great week!!!! 

Love, Sister Rachel Edwards 



No comments:

Post a Comment