Monday, July 8, 2013

Letter # 6 Week 6

Oi!
 
Week 6?? It's unbelievable!!! How does time go by so fast!? Well everyone, in less than 24 hours I will be on my way to Oklahoma City!!!!! Sister Zambrana and I are soooo excited and way nervous! But mostly excited!
 
Okay, where to begin? I sent some pictures from the 4th of July. For the MTC it was really fun! All day we had In-Field Orientation. It was actually awesome! The MTC has great missionary programs, I am very impressed with all they do for us. Has anyone seen "The District"? If you remember Elder Christensen (Blonde Hair) he was my teacher during one of the break outs of in-field. He shook my hand and talked to me and I had no idea who he was. Then later after class everyone was getting pictures with him and Sister Downs and I realized who it was! haha it was funny. He's a missionary movie star haha. Anyways, the whole day got me really excited for the rest of my mission. I can't wait to get out into the field and get to know the members and meet people!
 
For the 4th of July we were able to watch the Staduim of Fire fireworks which was neat with so many missionaries. Before that, to keep us occupied we all watched 17 Miracles. I love that movie so much and still cry when watching it. Over all it was a great way to spend the holiday as missionaries. They also have us all these delicious icecream bars, super good!
 
Okay, so I dont have a lot of time to write because I am going crazy packing today! But I wanted to share a really cool experience that I had real quick! So this week we have a super special opportunity to skype with members in Brazil! It is like TRC where you practice visiting members homes and leaving a message with them. Only this time it was with natives! SO COOL! 

Technology is amazing! The first lady we Skyped with was at work, (it looked like a motorcycle shop or car place like jiffy lube or les shawab or something). Her computer was obviously at the front desk. In the middle of us talking to her she got up out of no where and left. (I think there was a customer). We didn't know what to do, so we waited a little bit...

After a few minutes we were about to get off when a guy (another employee) came to the front. He was just working and then noticed us there on the screen. Suprised he laughed and starting talking to us. (This is all in Portuguese and broken connection over the internet haha). We found out that his name was Sebastian and that he was not LDS, but Catholic. We talked about what we do as missionaries and we talked about families. We bore our testimonies and helped answer some of his questions. 

Then the lady (the member) came back. She told us that this was her coworker and that he doesn't know about Mormons. We asked him if he wanted a Book of Mormon and to learn more and he did! So the member told us she would give him a Book of Mormon and tell the missionaries there. It was so neat!!! We didn't expect to teach our first lesson (for real) that day! The Lady was so excited and thanked us for teaching him and kept telling us good job! haha 

I LOVE missionary work! I can't wait to go to Oklahoma and then to Londrina! I love the spirit and the power and influence it has in each of our lives individually. I love my fellow missionaries and am so sad to be leaving all of these Sisters that I have grown to love so much. But, the time has come and I am ready! (I hope). 

I love you all, and I know that Our Father in Heaven loves you and wants us to be happy. We can find such happiness through obedience and submitting our will to others. Thank you for all of your examples and love shown to me and helping to be where I am right now. I couldn't be more grateful for this life changing experience. Remember, we are allllll missionaries. The full time missionaries NEED you! More than for dinner ;) 

I need to go pack... woo! Okay, Eu sei que o evangelho de Jesus Cristo e verdadeiro e eu ama ser uma missionaria! Deus ama voces! Eu amo voces tambem!
 
Tchau!!!!!
 
Sister Rachel Edwards
 
 Sister Downs going to serve in Colorado, Sister Edwards going to Oklahoma.
Red, White and Blue
Fireworks


No comments:

Post a Comment